Welcome to the CIES Teaching Comparative Education Special Interest Group (SIG) website. The Teaching Comparative Education SIG of the Comparative and International Education Society (CIES) brings together scholars and instructors of comparative and international education from around the world. It is dedicated to understanding and enhancing the contours of course work in the field and promoting the teaching of comparative and international education in higher education.
On this website, you will find information about the SIG, how to become a member, updates about upcoming events, publications and projects of our membership, and access to course syllabi and materials used to teach comparative education. Most notably this site houses the Comparative Education Instructional Materials Archive (CEIMA), an ongoing project, partially funded by the Comparative and International Education Society (CIES), which collects syllabi, descriptions, and explanations of materials used in comparative education classes. This includes in-class activities, paper and presentation assignments, and small-scale ethnographic research projects, among other innovative instructional materials. This site also serves to archive work collected on behalf of the completed Comparative & International Education Course Archive Project (CIECAP).
- Chair-Elect (3-year term: 2018-2021): Florin Salajan, North Dakota State University
- Chair (2-year term: 2018-2020): Anne Campbell, Middlebury Institute of International Studies
- Past-Chair (1-year term: 2018-2019): Matthew A.M. Thomas, University of Sydney
- Treasurer (2-year term: 2018-2020): Donald Baum, Brigham Young University
- Communications Officer (2-year term: 2018-2020): Evan Mickey, Indiana University-Bloomington